Building Permits Zoning
Hopewell Township uses two third party companies in order to process building permits and for enforcement of ordinances.
You may download the permit application here and bring the completed form to the Township Office with a $150.00 application deposit for residential or $250.00 application deposit for commercial. You can pay using a check, cash, credit or e-checks. Checks should be made payable to “Hopewell Township”.
Information concerning zoning only permits, stormwater, sewage enforcement and zoning ordinance enforcement should be directed to:
SOUTH PENN CODE CONSULTANTS LLC
For information on permits containing the requirement of the Universal Code Construction (UCC), or to schedule UCC inspections:
DEPENDABLE CONSTRUCTION CODE SERVICES, LLC
There will be additional fees depending on the construction.
FYI: A Zoning Permit is required for Change of Use of a property. All permits are to be submitted to the Hopewell Township Office with the deposit.
Permits are required for the following:
- Sheds (this includes prefab sheds, delivered & set-up as well as stick built).
- Swimming pools – both in ground and above ground styles – fence may also be required.
- Additions of any kind which you would like to add to your residence. This includes finishing off a basement.
- New and replacement wells
- New & resurfacing of driveways
- Patios and Sun-rooms
- Interior Remodeling
- Home Occupations
- Solar panels
You do not need a permit to hold a yard sale.